Stratford-upon-Avon in Bloom is a dedicated group of volunteers.
The Committee was first formed in the 1970s and works with local authorities, local businesses and residents to enhance the beauty of Stratford-upon-Avon through floral features and gardens, both public and private.
- Charles Bates - Chair
- Rosalind Winter - Vice Chair
- John Elliot - Treasurer
- Sue England - Secretary
- Cllr Kevin Taylor - Mayor & Honorary President
- Cllr Jenny Fradgley - Stratford-upon-Avon Town Council
- Cllr Kate Rolfe - Stratford-upon-Avon Town Council
- Cllr Cohl Warren-Howles - Stratford-upon-Avon Town Council
- Judith Conroy
- Barbara Helps
- Gina Lodge
- Iain Duck
- Steve Felix - Blenheim Nurseries / Planting Contractor (non-voting)
- Craig Bourne - Stratford-on-Avon District Council (non-voting)
Stratford-upon-Avon in Bloom Ltd (hereinafter 'SiB') is a Registered Company Limited by Guarantee with the Registered Company Number 9321530. It is an independent community group, known colloquially as 'Stratford in Bloom', acting in cooperation with Stratford-on-Avon District Council (hereinafter 'SDC'). The company has a board of four directors who take instructions from the elected committee.
The objectives of SiB shall be:
- To enhance and improve the visual attraction of Stratford-upon-Avon by encouraging the cultivation of plants and flowers in gardens.
- To encourage businesses to improve the working environment by the addition of floral displays and sustainable planting in the precincts of their premises.
- To promote communal engagement with horticultural activities and projects within its locality.
- To offer advice and support to residents, schools, community groups and businesses in relation to their development of floral display.
- To develop an annual programme of public floral display in areas identified and facilitated for SiB responsibility by SDC.
- The public floral display areas identified in 2.e) will hereinafter be referred to as the SiB Floral Display Assets.
- To encourage schools to engage with SiB and hence to contribute to the education of young people in the town in an appreciation of their natural environment.
- To promote wider understanding of related environmental and conservation aspects.
- Develop public awareness of SiB and the benefits thereof.
All activities undertaken by SiB are designed to promote fulfilment of the above Objectives and include:
- Organising and managing the annual SiB Local Floral Competition for residents and businesses of the town.
- Involving local schools and nurseries in the SiB Local Floral Competition in ways that link to the appropriate areas of the National Curriculum.
- Seeking sponsorship from local businesses or individuals for the SiB Floral Display Assets.
- When deemed appropriate by SiB, to aid and manage entry into the annual RHS 'Heart of England in Bloom' competition.
- Holding of special functions to promote the competitions in 3.a) and 3.d) and to inform and educate attendees, including, but not exclusively, a SiB Coffee Morning in spring and the Presentation Evening in autumn.
- Taking any other suitable opportunity for the furtherance of the Objectives.
This Constitution was updated by the Committee on 8th January 2021.